Founded by the American Impressionists, The Lyme Art Association is one of America’s oldest and most respected art organizations offering year-round art exhibitions, art classes, and other cultural events for its members and the community. If you love art, please consider an internship at the Lyme Art Association, conveniently located at Exit 70, I-95. Meet people, learn new skills, and have fun in a community of art and artists.
- Provide General administration support
- Duties may include data entry, word processing, filing, photocopying and preparation of mailings
- Assistance with the planning and execution of gallery exhibitions, art education programs, workshops, and special events.
- Strong interest in the arts and working with artists
- Great organizational abilities and independent initiatives
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with the public
- Computer proficiency in programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Status: Part-time, unpaid (15-20 hours/week); hours are flexible
Deadline: Open until position filled
Contact: Please mail or email a cover letter and resume to:
Lyme Art Association, Internship,
90 Lyme Street,
Old Lyme, CT 06371.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (cover and resume only)