Volunteers installing new LED lights throughout gallery.
The historic Lyme Art Association remains a center for the arts for the community and a showplace for the exhibition and sale of fine art by its members. Opening night receptions, special lectures, art education programs, and other events make the Lyme Art Association a vibrant home for art and enjoyment.
If you enjoy the arts and meeting new people, why not consider becoming a Volunteer at the Lyme Art Association. There are many ways that your talents and love of art can help support our many exhibition, gallery, education and special program activities.
- Gallery Docent: Greet and orient visitors to gallery, process sales, and answer the phone. Please fill out a docent application here
- Receiving: Help receive paintings for upcoming exhibitions.
- Hospitality: Help decorate, greet and play music at opening receptions.
- Refreshments: Help arrange and manage opening receptions, coordinate food, donate food for events and openings and bartend.
- Set-up & Clean-up: Help with the set-up & clean-up of opening receptions and events.
- Artful Gardeners: Help beautify the LAA’s gardens and landscapes by participating in Spring & Fall clean-ups as well as year round gardening and flower arranging for opening receptions.
- Interns: The Lyme Art Association offers internship opportunities and valuable experience for high school and college students interested in art, museum and gallery management, non-profit membership organizations, and docent support.
Call (860) 434-7802 or email Jocelyn Zallinger: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.