Wet Paint on Lyme Street – August 7
Wet Paint-Out Event: Saturday, August 7, 2021
First Prize: $250
3 awards of merit
Juror: Jeffery W. Cooley, Cooley Gallery, 25 Lyme St. Old Lyme
Painting(s) must be completed in its entirety on August 7 and submitted at Lyme Art Association by 4:00 pm for jurying and wet paint sale at 4:30 pm.
- The entry fee is $30, which includes one admission to the evening Centennial Frolic event
- Wet Paint on Lyme Street is only open to LAA members.
- We will not stamp the back of your canvas/paper; you are on the honor system.
- HERE IS THE MAP OF THE PAINTING AREA. You are welcome to paint at other locations in Lyme and Old Lyme, however, the award-winning piece will be selected only from scenes within the Village, in the area shown on the map.
- Take care not to block public sidewalks, remove your trash, and park only where it is legal. Drinking water and restrooms are available at Lyme Art Association starting at 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Drop off up to 2 pieces no later than 4:00 pm to Lyme Art Association at 90 Lyme Street. Fill out the inventory form, FOUND HERE and at the gallery and attach it to the back of your piece.
- The public will be invited to purchase your “fresh off the easel masterpieces” shortly after the awards have been given at 4:30 pm. LAA standard commission is 65% to artist, 35% to gallery. Works can remain at LAA for sale until 5:00 pm on Sunday, Aug. 8th. Unsold works need to be picked up during gallery hours (Wednesday-Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm) during the week of Aug. 8.
Liability: Artwork will be handled with care however the LAA will not be responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Submitting work will imply agreement on the part of the artist with this condition. All fees are non-refundable.