Watercolor Secrets Uncovered
Thursdays, January 12 - February 16. 2023, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Fee: $325 for six weeks
In this six-week beginner / intermediate course we will uncover all of the secrets that have been eluding you all these years!
By the end of this course, you will be transformed from a once frustrated individual, to a happy-go-lucky watercolor artist. Yay!
Secrets we will uncover:
- Understanding of composition: Design, Values, Shapes. Edges and Color
- The secrets of applying washes, wet in wet, glazing and dry brush techniques.
- The importance of water to pigment ratios!
- Perspective and Proportion.
- Building a vocabulary of brushstrokes to help create shapes that make up: Figures, Trees, Skies and much more.
- How to exploit the natural flow of water and discover the secrets that make it work its magic like no other medium can and learn to let the water guide you while overcoming the urge to control every brushstroke.
- How the meaning of less is more!
We will create a new painting each week and concentrate on simple subject matter, primarily: landscapes, seascapes and cityscapes.
Please come prepared with the artist grade materials listed in the materials list.
For more information about Alan and his art please visit his website at: www.alanjamesart.com/about