Members Day Summer Social on June 11 at 1pm
Join us on Sunday, June 11 from 1 – 3 pm, for LAA’s annual Members Day Social. This year’s event includes refreshments, live music, tours of Object Lessons in American Art: Selections from the Princeton University Art Museum at the Florence Griswold Museum, plus fun games and prizes. Come for the fun; stay for the camaraderie.
RSVP by May 31th.
Any questions, contact Paul Michael at email@example.com.
Saturday, July 8th: Wet Paint Plein Air Event
Attending ONLY the Raise the Roof cocktail party?
Please click below:
Wet Paint Plein Air Event & Raise the Roof Cocktail Party
Saturday, July 8th, 2023; (Rain Date: Sunday, July 9th)
Prizes: 1st $200, 2nd $100, 3rd $50 & 3 awards of merit
Awards Juror: Jeff Cooley
Wet Paint Schedule:
Plein Air Painting: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Submit Framed Art by: 4:30 pm
“Raise the Roof” Cocktail Party: 5:00pm
Awards: 5:15 pm
Wet Paint Art Sale Begins: 5:00 pm
Art Pick-up Date: August 13
On July 8, artists are invited to paint anywhere in Lyme and Old Lyme from dawn to 4:00 pm. Artists should submit by 4:30 up to two of their best works framed to Lyme Art Association, 90 Lyme Street, for jurying. All submitted works will be included in the wet paint sale and artists are invited to attend the cocktail party, which begins at 5 pm.
- The entry fee is $30. The fee includes a visor to wear at the event to identify you as a participant, and admission to the cocktail party, which start at 5 PM on the LAA grounds.
- Wet Paint on Lyme Street is open to all artists, LAA members and non-members.
- We will not stamp the back of your canvas/paper; you are on the honor system.
- Artists can choose their own locations within Lyme and Old Lyme as the subject matter for their Plein Air paintings.
- Take care not to block public sidewalks, to remove your trash, and to park only where it is legal. Drinking water and restrooms are available at Lyme Art Association starting at 9am on Saturday.
- Drop off up to 2 pieces no later than 4:30 pm to Lyme Art Association at 90 Lyme Street. Fill out the inventory form, (provided on our website or at the gallery), and attach it to the back of your piece.
- The public will be invited to purchase your “fresh off the easel masterpieces” shortly after the awards have been given at 5:15 pm. LAA standard commission is 65% to artist, 35% to gallery. Works can remain at LAA for sale until 5:00 pm on August 13th. After August 13, unsold works need to be picked up during gallery hours (Wed – Sun, 10am -5pm).
Liability: Artwork will be handled with care however the LAA will not be responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Submitting work will imply agreement on the part of the artist with this condition.